Reviewgine WordPress Theme
Thank you for downloading this theme! Reviewgine was designed to help you get your review site up and running as quickly as possible.
Table of Contents
- Basic Installation
- Theme Options
- General Options
- Social Networks Configuration
- Layout Settings
- Advertise Settings
- Setting up Top Products Sidebar
- Creating the Navigation Menu
- Creating Reviews
Basic Installation - top
After downloading the theme, you will have a file called Reviewgine.zip. This can simply be uploaded to Wordpress by going to your admin panel and uploading.
For uploading themes go to Appearance » Themes » Add New » Upload.
Simply browse to your zip file and click upload.
Theme Options - top
In order to get to the theme options, click on Theme Options.
This panel will allow you to customize your theme in order to suit your needs.
General Options - top
The general options are pretty simple to configure and should be self-explanitory. There are currently 2 major options that can be configured.
1. General - This section allows you to configure the Logo and the Favicon. It also allows you to add your custom CSS that will override the existing one.
2. Home Page - Here you can choose the Main Page Template, the Main Page Featured Review Category, to choose either you want or not to Display Carousel on Homepage Template and to choose your Homepage Carousel Posts Category
Social Networks Configuration - top
In this section you can link your social networks accounts with your Wordpress website. The available scocial networks are: Facebook , Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and YouTube.
Layout Settings - top
The Layout Settings section allows you to choose if you want to:
- Allow Users Grade
- Display Sticky Post Badge
- Use and display Slider Revolution Plugin
Advertise Settings - top
In this section, you can:
- Choose if you want to display the Header 486 x 60 Banner
- Set up the Header Banner Image, the Header Banner Alternative and the Header Banner Link.
Integration - top
Here you have the possiblity to add code inside both the Header and the Body.
Colors - top
This section is for configuring the main colors of:
- General: The body background color.
- Top Bar: The header top bar color and the header top bar link color.
- Header: The header background color and the link hover color.
Setting up Top Products Sidebar - top
For setting up the Top Products Sidebar go to Appearance » Widgets .
Then drag and drop the CWP Top Products Widget into the Main Sidebar area.
You could then set the title of the widget,the number of posts to show and the category.
Creating the Navigation Menu - top
This theme supports two custom navigation menus, one as the Primary Header Menu the other as a Top Bar Menu. You will simply need to activate it within the Wordpress admin.
Go to Appearance » Menus
Once here, you will need to create a menu by clicking on the Edit Menus tab. Next name the menu and add links to it. Once it is been created, you can assign it to the theme by clicking on the tab Manage Locations
Creating Reviews - top
Reviews are created the same way as posts. However, there are some extra fields that you can fill out.
You can upload a featured image for each review by using the Featured Image box. Simply click on "Set featured image" link and choose or upload your image.
The product review extra settings: contains the necessary features to complete your review posts:
- Product Details - Here you specify the general details for the reviewed product.
- Product Options Setting - Allows you to insert your options and their grades. Grading must be done from 0 to 100..
- Pro Features - In this section you can insert product's pro features.
- Cons Features - In this section you can insert product's cons features.
Once again, thank you for downloading this theme. I welcome your suggestions for any improvements that you may have. I aim to please so if you have any way to make the theme perform better, let me know and I'll see what I can do to include the update on the next release.